In The First Half Of 2023, India Installed 3.6 GW Of Solar.

India installed 3.6 GW of solar capacity in the initial a half year of 2023, down 53% contrasted with 7.6 GW installed in the corresponding period last year. Q2 2023 additions stood at 1.7 GW, practically 58% down from 4 GW installed in Q2 2022, as per the recently released Q2 2023 India Solar Market Update by Mercom India Research.

Large-scale solar projects represented 77% (over 1.3 GW) of capacity included Q2 2023, with rooftop solar making up the rest (23%).

India's combined installed solar capacity, including total rooftop solar installations, surpassed 66 GW as of June 2023.

The country's utility-scale project development pipeline remained at more than 67 GW as of June 30, 2023, with 62 extra GW of projects tendered awaiting auction.

 Consequently, 2024 looks very strong. Rapidly declining solar component and project costs will be an impetus for additional development," expressed Raj Prabhu, Chief of Mercom Capital Group.


Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

All * fields are Mandatory.

*Name :
*E-mail :
*Website :
*Comments :
Please Enter Text Shown :




Tata Africa



Trade Promotion Council of India

The Hindusthan Group

Hindware Homes

Confederation of Indian Industry