India's wooden handicraft exports, in particular, are on the increase.

According to the India State of Forest Report, a biennial evaluation of India's forests, India has roughly 80.72 million hectares of wooded land (forest and tree cover), accounting for 24.56 percent of the country's total land area. India's yearly change rate is positive, ranging between 0.4 and 1.0 percent per year, showing a steady increase in the forest area of 0.66 to 1 million hectares each year due to regeneration and afforestation programs. About 86 percent of forest land is held by the government and managed by it; the balance is allocated for communities and indigenous groups, while the remaining 14 percent is privately held. Protected, reserved, unclassed, and village woods are several types of public lands. According to the FAO's State of the World's Forests 2020, India has 72 million hectares of wooded land, accounting for 2% of the total land area.

 
According to the ITTO, India's log sector generated about 50 million m3 of logs, with just a small percentage exported. The value of primary wood products exported this year topped $72.6 million US dollars.
 
Wooden handicrafts, pulp and paper, plywood and veneer, and wooden furniture are among India's growing businesses for semi-processed and value-added timber goods. Wooden handicrafts, in particular, are seeing an increase in exports.
 
Among the most often harvested species from India's natural forests are Teak (Tectona grandis), Sal (Shorea robusta), and Khair (Tectona grandis) from both wild and cultivated forests (Acacia catechu).
 
Fast-growing (and short-rotation) plants are among the most commonly planted species: Teak (Tectona grandis) is the most frequently planted wood species, with the majority of it obtained from planted forests, followed by Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp. ), Poplar (Poplus spp. ), Acacia (Acacia spp. ), and Subabul (Acacia spp). (Leucaena leucocephala).
 
Despite being one of the world's greatest suppliers of tropical logs, India is also one of the world's greatest users of wood products. India is one of the top exporting countries of tropical woods.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

All * fields are Mandatory.

*Name :
*E-mail :
*Website :
*Comments :
Please Enter Text Shown :
 
 

 

Buildexpo Africa

Advertisment

Tata Africa

Shivaaz Farms

Hindware Homes

Confederation of Indian Industry

Columbia Pakona

The Globecrest